|Rose Water Sprinkler|
Rose water has been used as a perfume, and to add a distinctive flavor in cuisine in some parts of the world. It has a huge significance in ceremonies such as a marriage among the Muslims and Zoroastrians. Aeons ago, rose water was generously used in Hindu weddings as well, when room fresheners and deodorants were completely unknown.
However, apart from its socio-religious significance, rose water has numerous other uses too. Today I’ll tell you about the ways you can use rose water for your regular beauty care regime.
Rose water works like magic on your skin as it is loaded with Vitamin A and C, and antioxidants that rejuvenates the skin and imparts a glow. It is a natural astringent and acts as an excellent anti-inflammatory product.
Here’s how you can use it:
· Treat dry or oily skin: Rose water balances the pH level of your skin. So you can use it if your skin is too dry or oily. Wipe your face twice a day with cold rose water to see the results.
· Make – Up Remover: Dampen a cotton ball with some rose water and wipe your face clean. It’s gentle around the eye areas and hence is very effective.
· Acne & Black Heads: If you have acne and black heads prone skin, then your magic potion is right here!
· The anti-bacterial properties of rose water help you to fight acne and black heads easily. If you have dry skin with some pimples, use only rose water. Oily skinned women can add lemon juice to cold rose water and apply this on the pimples daily for best results. Store this mixture in the fridge.
· Facial Cleanser: Rose water cleanses the skin gently and leaves behind a wonderful fragrance too! You can either dip a cotton ball in rose water to clean your face. Alternately, you can add rose water, 2 teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil and use this mixture to clean your face.
· Toner & Anti-Inflammatory Agent: Rose water is a natural astringent and tones your skin, leaving it smooth as butter. Store a bottle of rose water in the fridge. Dip a cotton ball in the cold rose water and use this to clean your face. You can use rose water cubes for an instant glow.
· Also, you can use rose water ice cubes after you eyebrow or upper lips have been threaded. It will heal the skin and prevent the damage due to the pull and strain.
· Anti-Wrinkle Agent: Age leaves its impression on our faces as early as the age of 30. Wipe your face with rose water twice a day to tighten pores and prevent wrinkles. Rose water prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on your face and also adds a glow, leaving your skin squeaky clean.
· For your eyes only: Makeup and prolonged exposure to TV or computer leaves your eyes dry. This can lead to irrigation redness and inflammation of the eye as well. Apply 2-3 drops of rose water to your eyes to combat these problems.
· Itchy Scalp & Induce Hair Growth: For dry and itchy scalp, use rosewater mixed in water as a last rinse. It also nourishes the hair and induces hair growth by increasing the blood flow and leaves a wonderful fragrance too.
· Headaches: Apply rose water around the eye area and on the temples to soothe your nagging headache.
So do you find these tips useful and have you ever used rose water for your skin care etc.? Do let me know in the comments section below.
Keep glowing like a rose always. J
PS: Images have been sourced from Google.