Friday, July 26, 2013

Lipstick Haul: A little story

Ha! TGIF seriously...  every Friday, working women (like me ) feel so relieved isn't it? 
Before I start my weekend with a bang by watching D-Day (a Hindi movie), I thought I should share yet another haul, I had indulged in a few months ago. And what a super haul that was! 

As I said, few months ago I read that a blogger friend Anindita wanted to sell 5 lipsticks. The offer seemed interesting no doubt. So I checked the shades and I liked them instantly. Straightaway I told Anindita about my noble intention of acquiring them and she promptly agreed to book them, after telling me all about the shades etc.

After a few days I received the little box nicely packed with these lovelies. The sight made me so happy that I took no time to tear it open, (yes I'm very impatient when it comes to opening beauty packages) to admire the beautiful lippies. Along with the lippies, the box also contained a cute hand written note by Anindita and the current Avon catalogue. 

Here are the lipsticks I bought from Anindita: 

·         Revlon Matte Lipstick - Fabulous Fig
·         Revlon Velvet Rich - Choco
·         Avon ultra color rich lipstick - Rose Wine
·         Avon ultra color rich mega impact lipstick - Divine Wine
·         Lakme Enrich Metallics 419

From left to right: Fabulous Fig, Lakme 419, Divine Wine, Choco, Rose Wine

The excitement only subsided when I woke up in the middle of the night to check the swatches once again. The lipsticks Fabulous Fig, Rose Wine and the Choco stole my heart completely.
  • I found Fabulous Fig perfect as a day and night wear. It is matte which means you can easily wear this to work and to any other glittery event and you can build the pigmentation accordingly. That's the beauty of this shade!
  • The Divine Wine and the 419 Lakme lipsticks are extremely bright and they impart a natural radiance to your face instantly. Both these lipsticks are shimmery which makes them perfect for evenings and parties.
  • Rose Wine reminds me of a bubble gum and what a pretty shade this would be for medium and fair toned women! This is an awesome shade to sport with heavy eye make up as well as a simple kohl look. During the day this looks absolutely gorgeous on the lips, and for the night, this would be perfect with a smokey eye. 
  • Choco is just what it refers to ... chocolatey in color and you can definitely wear this anytime. 

I do know swatches are must and I'll post them pretty soon in this post itself. So happy weekend to all of you and have a good one! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know your opinions and views. Pls share! :)