Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top 6 To Do Things for 30 days before Durga Pujo



The calendar says – ‘32 days to go before Ma (Goddess Durga) arrives’.



Noticing this, the first thought that struck me was, ‘it’s high time to take stock of my skin and hair and health, in general.’ You may wonder, ‘Why?’.

The answer is simple: With friends, relatives and family around, it’s important to look perfecto! After all, looking good begins with a great and flawless skin and shiny locks. 

So here are the top 6 things, I plan to follow all through this month, to look great in all the new sarees and clothes I have bought already! (I’m planning to do a post on what I have bought for Pujo so far, and which saree I plan to wear on which day!)

1. CTMing in a different way: I’ll begin with the CTM routine. On regular weekdays, I’ll religiously follow the usual CTM routine, using the Richfeel Cleanser, Rose Water and Brihan’s Cucumber Gel. I go to sleep with Cucumber Gel on my face every night.

For these 30 days: I plan to add the Sweet Almond Oil as well. I’ll apply a small amount of this Oil around the eye area. I’ll replace the Cucumber Gel with Olive Oil and Lavender Oil and go to sleep with this, to achieve a glowing and hydrated skin next day.

2. Moisturiser: As said, I use Cucumber Gel as a moisturizer now.

For these 30 days: I plan to use Aloe Vera gel or honey as a moisturizer on a regular basis, at least twice a day.

3. Nourishing:  I know it’s important to nourish the skin from inside and that is why I do eat salads and fruits occasionally. I know I can see some of you say, That Wont Do, Girl!

For these 30 days: Mere application of packs, CTMs and scrubs don’t create the magic and that’s why I plan to overhaul my diet as well. Salads and hydrating vegetables like cucumber and tomatoes will top my food list. Along with this, I’ll embrace a bowl of curd as my dessert after lunch every day. I’m ditching the sandwiches and fries I snack on at times. But not any more! Instead, it’s sprouts and corn for me from now on.

4. De-tan: One easily gets tanned in Pune and to top this, I got even more tanned during my amazing Goa trip, earlier this year. And ever since, I’m battling with the tan, winning some battles and losing many!

For these 30 days: I plan to do damage control by detanning myself using Lacto Tan clear and a pack of multani mitti with cold water and turmeric, every alternate day. Plus, protection is also a must for me now.

5. Deep Conditioning:  For fabulous hair, you need deep conditioning! I deep condition my hair, once a month.

For these 30 days: My plan is to deep condition my hair every weekend. For this, I use a combination of olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil. I put the oils together to warm. When it gets quite warm, I apply this oil on the scalp and the entire length and wear a shower cap. After an hour, I shampoo off. The after effect makes me smile throughout the day!

6. Pedicure: Treating my fired feet to a relaxing pedicure session is mandatory ahead of the festival.

And for a curtain raiser, I'd love to create this look for myself on Ashtami morning.



These are my priorities ahead of Durga Pujo this year. What are your to do’s? Please share in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to know your opinions and views. Pls share! :)